I have a dropdown filter and when I search for a particular term in the list, it doesn't show up. I also try to find the item on the list but that item doesn't show up. Looks like the list has reached a limit and cut off the rest of the items. And when I type the full name of the item the dashboard results appear. Does this type of filter have a limit of items to be shown?
Always post "Diagnostic Info" from Admin > Troubleshooting.
And have a look here: https://www.metabase.com/docs/latest/troubleshooting-guide/filters.html#are-you-seeing-a-different-kind-of-input-widget-than-you-expected
I'm seeing what I expected - a list of items. But the list is incomplete, so when I type the entire name of the item that doesn't appear in the list the dashboard results appear
- Post "Diagnostic Info" from Admin > Troubleshooting.
- Have you re-scanned values?
- Latest release is 0.40.4, so upgrade to that.
- No, it can have as many values as long as the combined length is less than 10,000 characters.
Your screenshot does not show more than a handful of values.
But you did not answer my question: Did you re-scan values and refresh your browser?
- Ok, I will arrange it
- Yes, I do refresh my browser. And I checked it again and the behavior is the same.My screenshot does not show all my items In this case I have 1.351 items
What happens is that this amount of items changes according to other filters. In most cases the list has less than 200 items, but in some cases it exceeds 1000.
@Helena So you are using Linked Filters? That would have been helpful to know initially.
Exactly the same thing as issue 16104, a maximum of 1000 values are shown.
You should use Search instead of List if you expect the amount of values to go above 1000.
Yes, but the list is the better choice for us - except in this few cases with more than 1000 itens. Thanks for the help