Hello I have a different behavior between two Metabase instance and I don't know why.
On the first one my filter looks like this :
And when I want a value, I see it in one copy :
But on the other instance I see another message in the filter and I have a lot of duplicated values :
Can you help me ? I don't want to have duplicated values but I haven't found what is the difference between the two dashboard. Have you any idea ?
PS : The two instances are under the same version.
What’s the data type of the field on each instance?
They're detected as primary key on the two instances
If it's can be useful to someone, I find the issue.
The error was generate by an other field : the "name" field.
My data have 3 fields that compose the table's primary key. So the uniqueness of the primary key is caused by the composition's uniqueness.
But my filter is focus only on one of the 3 fields, so you can find more that one iteration on each value.
Metabase has automatically detected the "name" field as an "entity name" on the second instance an not in the first one. This comportment causes duplicates value in the filter because (I think) the name add an uniqueness to each value even if there are the same.
When I put "no type" for my "name" field, all duplicates were eliminated in the filter of the second instance.
I would be grateful if someone would validate my theory otherwise maybe I orient another person with the same difficulty