ERROR: function replace(character varying[], character varying, character varying) does not exist

Hi,
I am using Metabase 0.42 on my company, and upon checking the function list, I tried to use replace(), but got the following error:

ERROR: function replace(character varying[], character varying, character varying) does not exist Hint: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts. Position: 922

The underlying database is postgresql. Looks like the documentation is lacking, either the function does not exist for postgresql, or there would be specific type casts to make it work, but I could not figure it out on my own. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Hi @brazilianjoe
Post "Diagnostic Info" from Admin > Troubleshooting.
What database column type are you trying to use the replace expression on?
Here's the documentation: https://www.metabase.com/docs/latest/users-guide/expressions-list.html#replace

Figured it out!
The documentation of the replace() function makes no mention of the data types accepted as parameters, so it's lacking in this regard.
"function replace(character varying[], character varying, character varying)" - note the brackets on tyhe first parameter.
I was trying to run the function directly on a column with json content. by encapsulating the first parameter with the json_object_keys() function I could get the desired result.

@brazilianjoe A text string is expected, as it also says in the helper:

Metabase does currently not support JSON blobs:
Ability to access fields in JSON Dicts in Postgres driver · Issue #708 · metabase/metabase · GitHub - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post