Error on saving question

Hi,

There's an error we saw sometimes working with questions since the update we did some weeks ago.
When you try to save a question, suddenly it gives you an error
"Cannot read properties of undefined (reading "id")

But the question is saved.

We updated the version and the error is still there. It's not allways, only sometimes when you are editing an existing question.
It happens to anyone else?

{
"browser-info": {
"language": "es-419",
"platform": "Win32",
"userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/115.0.0.0 Safari/537.36",
"vendor": "Google Inc."
},
"system-info": {
"file.encoding": "UTF-8",
"java.runtime.name": "Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment",
"java.runtime.version": "11.0.13+10-LTS-370",
"java.vendor": "Oracle Corporation",
"java.vendor.url": "https://openjdk.java.net/",
"java.version": "11.0.13",
"java.vm.name": "Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM",
"java.vm.version": "11.0.13+10-LTS-370",
"os.name": "Linux",
"os.version": "3.10.0-1160.25.1.el7.x86_64",
"user.language": "en",
"user.timezone": "Europe/Madrid"
},
"metabase-info": {
"databases": [
"oracle",
"postgres"
],
"hosting-env": "unknown",
"application-database": "postgres",
"application-database-details": {
"database": {
"name": "PostgreSQL",
"version": "13.3"
},
"jdbc-driver": {
"name": "PostgreSQL JDBC Driver",
"version": "42.5.4"
}
},
"run-mode": "prod",
"version": {
"date": "2023-09-07",
"tag": "v0.47.1",
"branch": "release-x.47.x",
"hash": "bd278b9"
},
"settings": {
"report-timezone": null
}
}
}

2 Likes

We've been experiencing the same issue.

The error code "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading "id")" shows, but when I refresh or return to the question the changes have been applied.

And like @AQuer said it doesn't happen all the time, for me it has happened 3/5 times when saving changes to existing questions.

Yep same for me but I can't nail it down so haven't logged an issue in Github. I suspect it's indicating something's a bit corrupt in the question. It makes me doubt the question's stability a bit going forward.

If anyone can get enough info for a reliable repro it'd be good to get an issue logged.

Same here, since upgrading to v0.47.1 we inconsistently get the error "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading "id").

not sure that you can reproduce the error. For me, it seams an aleatory one... You suddenly get the error, but latter you can save the question without...

please upgrade to the latest version and let us know if you can reproduce it (latest right now is v47.3)

I randomly have this same issue and i'm always up to date (Currently on v47.3)

Recently updated to new version and still have same trouble...

FYI ... Github issues False "Cannot read properties" error appears sometimes when saving a question · Issue #31766 · metabase/metabase · GitHub and Question save issue · Issue #34480 · metabase/metabase · GitHub refer to this.

Looks like they're working on it which is good news.

2 Likes

yes, we will address it for 47.5