Error upgrading : Migration failed

Hello folks,

when upgrading my Metabase database upon starting it fails.

I get the following errors:

Caused by: liquibase.exception.LiquibaseException: liquibase.exception.MigrationFailedException: Migration failed for changeset migrations/000_legacy_migrations.yaml::166::camsaul:
     Reason: liquibase.exception.DatabaseIncapableOfOperation: Using a TIMESTAMP data type with a fractional precision of 6 is not supported on mysql: A timestamp datatype with 6 fractional digits was requested, but MySQL only supports 0 digits.

I have searched for a solution and found out that this should only be a problem on older MySQL versions. We are using MariaDB 11.3.x which has the feature of fractional precision. So why does this error happen?

Can I modify or overwrite the migrations locally? How do I solve this?

I am thankful for any clues.

Regards

Can you share the upgrade process you did ... Also how are you deploying metabase and what version where you on and to which where you upgrading

Hello TonyC,

thanks for getting back!

I do not know the previous version. I just downloaded the newest one (Metabase v0.49.3) and started it.

So far that always worked flawlessly.

I have no deployment process. I just wrote a short bash script to start Metabase.

Basically I just export the necessary values like MB_DB_CONNECTION_URI and then start Metabase with this:

java -jar /opt/metabase/metabase.jar

Strange cause the failing migration is related to version 35

Did you perform something manually at DP level?

I have not really dived that deep into Metabase so no I just updated my Metabase versions like described above once in a while.

Where does Metabase get the migrations from? Are they pulled remotely or how does that work? Do you know? Can I overwrite them manually somehow?

They are in the build itself so the only way to overwrite them would be to fork metabase (won't recommend for this issue)

Maybe you have a timestamp value in the metabase_fieldvalues table that is problematic, can you have a look if you find anything strange