Export Dashboard as PDF

Hi!
Does Metabase provide an ability to export its dashboards (or charts) as pdf? I would like to filter my dashboard/chart and save it in pdf file.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hi @Palamariuk
There are browser extensions that can save a page as PDF, but Metabase does not have such functionality, as it would require a browser engine.

Thank you @flamber.
May be there is an ability to save dashboard/chart as image? As for me, it would be a useful feature to save dashboard or chart without making a "screenshot" of a web page.

@Palamariuk Currently no:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/4701 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post

Hi, everyone!

@flamber Do we have any updates on this topic? It would be pretty useful having a PDF report in our subscriptions.

Best regards.

@gnovelli I cannot provide any updates, which cannot be seen by everyone by looking at the issue or on the public roadmap: https://www.metabase.com/roadmap/

Hey @gnovelli, Bruno, VP Product at Metabase here.
To add to flamber's response, I wanted to contextualize things a little bit.

Our approach for this problem is two-fold:

• We'll continue to invest in what we call static visualizations, which are the ones that appear in emails/Slack. They should allow the display to be a good fit for different form factors (eg email on a mobile phone) while working off of the same codebase. You can expect lots of improvements there in 45, the release we're starting work on right now.
  • To open up the channels to which Alerts and Dashboard Subscriptions can be sent beyond email and Slack. We even started some work on this (specifically allowing POSTs to URLs as a destination), but shifted priorities a bit. I'm hoping we can pick it up later this year.

So in the foreseeable future, it's unlikely we'll provide updates on PDF Exports specifically, but we hope to pave the way for them soon.

Hope this helps!

Oh, perfect! I didn't even know about this roadmap page existence! Thank you!

Awesome, Bruno! I'm a big fan of your product, this functionality would be great to send to our clients as a monthly/weekly report, as it could have a better design, but it's not essential. Thanks for your attention.

1 Like

Hey @Palamariuk and @gnovelli,
Just a heads up in case you're still after PDF export, this just shipped with Metabase 47.

Hi Jess! Thanks for the update, i've already seen it :wink:

1 Like

Hi,

I wanted to ask again about this topic since it's been a long time and there may be some updates I'm not aware of.
Our clients are using MB embedded in our platform, and we want to give them a PDF download feature. We know we can find a way to do this with Selenium or Puppeteer in our API, but it is not the right way and it's probably not that reliable.

Any updates about this, I will be pleased!
Thanks!

2 Likes

this is coming soon

1 Like

Any news ? :slight_smile:

1 Like