I have to do plenty of exports from Metabase for my work. I have created custom views that I have renamed properly. However, the name of the file that comes out is horrible and I have to rename all of my files. Is there a simple way to make sur that the name of the export file is for instance the same as the question I saved ? Instead of “query_result_2025-10-02T07_39_59.950059809Z”. Because of that I’m way way slower in my work.
Just to clarify: when you say “query_result…”, do you mean the default filename that Metabase creates on export? By default, the name should already include the question title plus the date and time (ISO 8601 timestamp). For example when I export something: my_question\_ISO-timestamp (same as in your example).
I assume what you want is for the file to be named only after the question, without the timestamp?
If that’s the case, you could either use the Metabase API or an automation tool to automatically name your exports the way you want.
Nop, I don’t care about the timestamp. However, the name of the question doesn’t appear in the export file name unfortunately. I only have “Query Results”. My questions contain joined data so maybe it doesn’t work with this ?
Ok I just figured it out. When I apply a filter on my saved question, now it says “Query results”. The only way to find the question name si to export without any filter only unfortunately