Formatting Hour of Day in Custom Question

Hello, I'm trying to use the Custom Question editor to build a query, so that I can have more dynamic access to dashboard filters and trying to summarize data by day of week and week of month. For some reason, the day of week has today's date as a prefix to the hour of day. Does anyone have any idea how to remove this?

Here are some screenshots of my query

Hi @msussman
Please post "Diagnostic Info" from Admin > Troubleshooting.
I'm not sure which Field Type you're using for "Opened At 2" in Admin > Data Model, but try setting it to one of the timestamp types.
This is how it looks on the Sample Dataset, when I try to reproduce something similar to you (with defined Field Types):

1 Like

This worked like a charm, thank you! One related question. Is it possible to group by transformations of the same variable (ie day of week of [Opened At] & hour of day of [Opened At]). Doesn't seem to allow me to do that, which is why I attempted to created a second version of the field with [Opened At 2]

@msussman Currently not - that's a lot more complex than it sounds behind scenes:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/4726 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post