How to Deal with Weekends

Hi Folks,

I have a dashboard that shows a bunch of data for the previous days production, this works great Tuesday to Friday but on a Monday not so much, the questions are using a previous day filter therefore it doesn’t work on Mondays because we don’t work over the weekend.
So I need to have the questions look at the previous Fridays data if the current day is a Monday. How do I achieve that?
I’ve not been using Metabase for very long and have limited knowledge of SQL so any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @Nik
It would require Metabase to have some way of knowing what production days means for you. Not everyone uses the same schedule.
But there’s a request open for this functionality:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/7079 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post
You would have to do such filtering in SQL, but that’s not specific to Metabase, so I would recommend that you search for answers in a forum dedicated to your database - or perhaps stackoverflow.com

We have a similar issue here, and we solved by importing and maintaining a table that contains all dates saying if that date is in fact a holiday, weekend or a workday. In most DBs you can create most part of it, only the holidays are difficult for an external DB to solve.
Once done that, all you need to do is to make sure that table is made available together with the data that is on your dashboard showing the previous days production.
It’s not the most elegant solution, but it works fine and not that hard to implement.