How to use variable based question as source for a dashboard filter

Is there a possibility to use variable based question as source of dashboard filter options? I have a use case to limit the dashboard filter values based on a category. This is to limit what data a user is supposed to see.

Basically this functionality helps in limiting the data a user is supposed to see. And this will be really useful as data sandboxing is not available for non-SQL databases.

When you say variable based questions you mean sql questions? Those are not available in sandboxing, please post what you’re trying to achieve so we can help

I have a database with users who are assigned to groups and set of groups form an organisation. I have created a dashboard which creates some charts for users. I want to limit the dashboard filter such a way that when a Org1 owner logs in he can see only groups under his organisation within the dashboard filter values. So when he chooses all or select groups within his org he sees the data he is supposed to.

Right now I have tied this dashboard filter to a connect field and filter is showing all the groups within the dropdown. Is there a way I can pass org_id to the filter so that filter limits its options based on org value.

Sample data:
User1, GroupA, Org1
User2, GroupB, Org1
User3, GroupC, Org2
User4, GroupD, Org3

When I connect dashboard filter to a field named group_name it is showing all group names in the dropdown but I need a way to pass org_name to dashboard filter question so that filter limits its options and buy default all are selected.

You’re looking for data sandboxes which is available from Pro