I can't add a graph to the series

Good afternoon!

I can't edit the series on the graph created earlier (before the Metabase update).
That is, I cannot delete and add a new graph to the series.
In the right list, there are no queries marked with ticks (as it was before the update).
Also in the right list there is no necessary query that I need to add to the series.

{
"browser-info": {
"language": "ru-RU",
"platform": "Win32",
"userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/96.0.4664.93 Safari/537.36 OPR/82.0.4227.33",
"vendor": "Google Inc."
},
"system-info": {
"file.encoding": "UTF-8",
"java.runtime.name": "OpenJDK Runtime Environment",
"java.runtime.version": "11.0.13+8",
"java.vendor": "Eclipse Adoptium",
"java.vendor.url": "https://adoptium.net/",
"java.version": "11.0.13",
"java.vm.name": "OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM",
"java.vm.version": "11.0.13+8",
"os.name": "Linux",
"os.version": "4.15.0-153-generic",
"user.language": "en",
"user.timezone": "GMT"
},
"metabase-info": {
"databases": [
"sqlserver"
],
"hosting-env": "unknown",
"application-database": "postgres",
"application-database-details": {
"database": {
"name": "PostgreSQL",
"version": "12.9 (Debian 12.9-1.pgdg110+1)"
},
"jdbc-driver": {
"name": "PostgreSQL JDBC Driver",
"version": "42.2.23"
}
},
"run-mode": "prod",
"version": {
"date": "2021-12-16",
"tag": "v0.41.5",
"branch": "release-x.41.x",
"hash": "fbfffc6"
},
"settings": {
"report-timezone": null
}
}
}

Hi @twinsa
You are seeing this issue:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/12794 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post

Thanks for the link to a similar problem, but I can't delete the question by unchecking the checkbox on the sidebar next to the question, since the necessary questions with the tick marks are not shown in the sidebar.

@twinsa Correct, that's what the issue is about. Remove the entire question and add it again.

Created a new dashboard. Added the first chart from the series to it.
I can't add the rest. They are not in the list on the right.

Screens:

@twinsa Are you logged in as Admin or a regular user, which only has limited access?
There are a few issues open about combining charts on the dashboard, but I'm unsure if you are seeing one of those or something new:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A"Reporting%2FDashboards%2FCombined+charts"

I logged in as an administrator

I didn't find a similar problem in the list above.

@twinsa The search in the combine dialog is different from the other, so it searches on exact match.
We're working on a complete overhaul of how combining cards works:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/14225

It's not even about filtering.

If I add a single graph to the dashboard, then I see 11 necessary queries (marked in red and blue on the screenshot 1)

And if I try to add to the series, I see only one request (screen 2)

Accordingly, I can't:

1. add new queries to the series (they are not in the list to add in the right window)
  2. neither delete the already added queries from the series (since there are no questions marked with a tick in the right list).

Where are the other queries in the list?
How can I remove unnecessary queries from the series and add new ones?

@twinsa
There are several problems with the combining dialog. Filter doesn't work, it tries to load queries from questions, and also limits the questions listed. Basically if it doesn't work for you, then you'll need to try another way of combining your data.

1. Try adding the questions to the root collection and give them a name starting with a number, so they should show up first on the list.
  2. Try renaming your questions, so they start with a number, so they show up first on the list.

@flamber

Renamed the request: "2022. Dynamics of guests monthly 2022" (screen 1)

When adding a single request, I see it (screen 2)

When added to the series, it is not there (screen 3).

@twinsa The problem is that only a few questions are loaded into the list, and because of how list is created without collections, then the returned list is not always correct. But basically the combination modal is non-functional. I would recommend that you find other ways of combining your data.

@flamber

Maybe I'm not trying to add to the series correctly?

My actions (see screenshots):

1. Change the dashboard

1. Edit the series

1. I get:

And another question: if I distribute the requests into collections, should it help me?

What methods, for example?

@twinsa I'm trying to say that it's completely broken. It's a known problem. I would recommend that you find other ways (not using that functionality in Metabase) to combine your data. Either through SQL or some other way.

1 Like

Redid the schedule completely.
Now I don't use series.
Thanks for the help...

:pencil2:
Try these steps:
:one: Open the question that now appear
:two: Make a change
:three: Visualize
:four: Save..
now it may work..