I do not understand why i get this: "You do not have permissions to run this query"

Hi there,

I am running into the following issue. A user has a question in his personal collection and therefore should have full access to the query and be able to run it.

The question is based on another sql question. The sql question is in a folder he has full access to. Now, when he opens the question, the query runs. however, when he wants to make any changes to it, he gets the "You do not have permissions to run this query" error.

Current workaround is that he has to recreate the full question from scratch. Is there something I am missing about permissions?

Hey, that is pretty weird!

I think "you do not have permissions" usually shows up if the privileges have changed on the database side.

Are you able to check if Metabase has the right database privileges to query all of the tables used in the SQL question?

I'm wondering if the user is able to temporarily recreate the question based on a cached result, but it's only when he goes to edit, then the database privileges kick in.

Troubleshooting info?

which ones would you need? this is the current diagnostic info

{
"browser-info": {
"language": "en-US",
"platform": "MacIntel",
"userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/115.0.0.0 Safari/537.36",
"vendor": "Google Inc."
},
"system-info": {
"file.encoding": "ANSI_X3.4-1968",
"java.runtime.name": "OpenJDK Runtime Environment",
"java.runtime.version": "11.0.18+10-post-Debian-1deb10u1",
"java.vendor": "Debian",
"java.vendor.url": "openjdk-11 - Debian Package Tracker",
"java.version": "11.0.18",
"java.vm.name": "OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM",
"java.vm.version": "11.0.18+10-post-Debian-1deb10u1",
"os.name": "Linux",
"os.version": "5.15.107+",
"user.language": "en",
"user.timezone": "Etc/UTC"
},
"metabase-info": {
"databases": [
"bigquery-cloud-sdk"
],
"hosting-env": "unknown",
"application-database": "postgres",
"application-database-details": {
"database": {
"name": "PostgreSQL",
"version": "13.10"
},
"jdbc-driver": {
"name": "PostgreSQL JDBC Driver",
"version": "42.5.1"
}
},
"run-mode": "prod",
"version": {
"date": "2023-07-28",
"tag": "v0.46.6.4",
"branch": "release-x.46.6.x",
"hash": "7c60aca"
},
"settings": {
"report-timezone": null
}
}
}

Got it, if this keeps happening in the latest version, can you provide a reproduction path?