I want to know the upper limit of the number of data items when scanning Oracle data

I want to know the upper limit of the number of data items when scanning Oracle data

I would like to scan an Oracle schema with billions of data using metabase, but I would like to know if the performance of metabase is sufficient. Do your created questions and dashboards load extremely slowly?

I would also like to know if it can be improved simply by increasing the performance of the server that starts metabase.

I believe this will depend a lot on the performance of your Oracle Database. You should look into the following to factor in performance:

Theoretically, if you raise the machine specs, prepare multiple machines and distribute the load.

Do you have a track record of scanning and operating billions of data with metabase?

Metabase is simply an interface layer ... if a query takes 5 minutes on your Oracle DB then it will take the same 5 min on Metabase. Off course you can use caching and stuff like that but it all depends on the underlying database.

Metabase can connect to Clickhouse for instance which is very powerful in analysing large datasets. You cannot compare the processing power of Clickhouse compared to MySQL ... But at the end of the day metabase is as powerful as your data warehouse

Thank you for answering.

I understand that the metabase itself does not have a function to speed up searches, and that it depends on the specifications of the database and server.