Is there a way to translate database schema texts?

Hi,

I did some research but didn't find what I was looking for.

I have a database in english (columns + ENUM values) and my application translates them to french, so my french team can use it.

Great, I would like to give my team access to metabase and do the same. But I'm wondering if there is a way to help them understanding/replacing the english lexical inside metabase.

For example, is it possible to show tables and columns names with their french translation, same to translate values in columns where ENUMs are stored? I mean, technically it's still in english, but the metabase interface helps a bit by displaying tooltips or replacing the text.

If it's not possible I thought about creating PostgreSQL database views, and renaming technically the columns and tables. Then binding metabase on the views instead. I don't like this method, because it means if an english speaker joins the team... it would not make sense to him. Also, using database views don't help with ENUM values to be translated.

Curious to have your thoughts on it :slight_smile:

Thank you,

I think you're looking for Objects Names in multilanguage - (Questions name, table columns) · Issue #9508 · metabase/metabase · GitHub