Is there any metabase api support auto change Field mapping from the table a to table b , table a,b have Same data structure

is there any metabase api support auto change Field mapping from the table a to table b , table a,b have Same data structure

i have a command, to change the question table from a to b ,but the table a,b structure is same, i have 500 questions , if i do this , id need to hand set the field mapping 3000 times , it cost too much time, if the metabase can spuuly api to auto fileld mapping ,that's good

look forward to your reply , thanks

Hi @abo123456789
There's currently no API that can do this. It is something that we are looking into developing, but it's more complicated than it sounds.
It would likely be easier to do the change in application database, but you would have to look in several tables besides report_card, since the ID reference can be other places than just report_card.dataset_query.

thinaks your reply , but you would have to look in several tables besides report_card , since the ID reference can be other places than just report_card.dataset_query I don't understand `report_card.dataset_query mean, can you give me some detail explain, thanks

@abo123456789

Post "Diagnostic Info" from Admin > Troubleshooting.

I'm explaining that you should make the change in the application database manually, but if you don't know how to do that, then I would advise against that. Do it via the API, or manually.

There's currently no API that can do this.

It's possible using Metabase API wrappers (e.g. clone_card function from this wrapper for Metabase API).