Issues with Date Field Filters

Hi,

We’re runnign 0.35.1 on Heroku, mostly on a Redshift. We have many queries that use date field filters (generally last 7 days, last 30 days, etc), and we’ve noticed that our date field filters no longer work as expected.

In general, the range of data we see is 1 day behind. If I filter to May 3 data, I see data from May 2. If I filter to the last 5 days of data excluding today, I see the five days before yesterday. As far as I can tell, the offset isn’t at the hour level - if I select hourly data for May 3, I see data for every hour of May 2nd. Additionally, filters work as expected for our Postgres database.

As yet I have not been able to find anything in our Metabase or Redshift config that seems like it should affect the way Metabase sees the current date, and our Heroku server and Redshift both return the current date and time as expected. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Hi @chaspe
Since it seems like it suddenly stopped working as expected, and not involving an upgrade of Metabase, and since it seems to be specific to Redshift, then I would guess that something changed there?
Timezone problems are quite difficult to figure out, but it would help if you provide “Diagnostic Info” from Admin > Troubleshooting, and the answers to the 6 points in the troubleshooting guide:
https://www.metabase.com/docs/latest/troubleshooting-guide/timezones.html