Line chart display issue & problem connecting database

So I’ve been using Metabase to create some custom dashboards and I’ve encountered two issues that I can’t seem to figure out. Unfortunately I am a new user and new users are only able to post 1 picture in a thread so I have included Gyazo images to help describe the issues I’m facing, hope that’s okay!

Issue #1: Line chart displays a different view every time I refresh the question as well as every time the dashboard is refreshed.

Background information:
Metabase is running on AWS Elastic Beanstalk
Database is a Postgres DB running on AWS RDS
Metabase v0.29.3

The line chart is a simple custom query to represent data from IoT devices; X axis is timestamp and Y axis is temperature. Every time I refresh the question, it displays a different portion of the data and sometimes it also cuts some of the data out. There are more than 2000 data points and I understand that it is truncating the data to 2000 points but I would like to understand how it decides which portion of the data to display. And if possible, I’d like to get it to display from the earliest time stamp as much as it can, up until the 2000 data points rather than random chunks of data. I have an identical question from a different database (same table structure, columns, etc) that shows a consistent portion of the data every time unlike this question so I am really confused as to why this question always shows a different view. Pics below

Issue #2: Unable to connect database to Metabase, “Timed out after 5000 milliseconds error”

Background Info:
Tried using both the Jar file as well as the Mac Application on 3 different computers
Database is Postgres running on AWS RDS

I was hoping to play around with the Metabase API to create dashboards and questions so I wanted to get my own Metabase testing environment running on my machine locally. However, I am unable to add the database to Metabase. This is the same database that I am using in issue #1 (see above) so I know that it is a working database. I am also able to access the database through my terminal on 3 separate machines so I don’t think it is an issue with the database. Have also triple checked the credentials to make sure I didn’t fat finger anything. I know AWS is sometimes slow to connect (usually about 10 seconds) so I am guessing that the connection is taking too long which results in a timeout error. Is there any way I can set a larger timeout interval to give it some time to connect to the database? Pic below

Any and all help/insights are very much appreciated! Tried to be as descriptive as possible but please let me know if anything is unclear. Thank you!

If the query is being restricted to 2000 rows then the rows returned are dependent upon the database. Can you group the query in some way to reduce the number of rows? Metabase is best for summaries and KPIs.

The timeout just means that it can’t connect. Could be server name, port, firewall etc.

Thanks for your reply!

It’s odd because the query is restricted to 2000 rows but if I download the data I can see that it is returning more than 2000 rows.

And I understand the timeout means it can’t connect but I know it is not due to a server name, port, or firewall etc. error. I am not sure what the reason is but I am guessing it is because it is taking longer than 5000 miliseconds to connect. Looking for a way to increase the default timeout threshold.