Meetup metabase user group for Berlin, Germany

Hi metabase users in and around Berlin, Germany!
we want to get in touch!

join us - we plan our first meetup to connect and share experiences :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This is great! We just tweeted about it: https://twitter.com/metabase/status/976860416189063168

5 Likes

Thanks for the tweet, highly appreciated.
Our first Meetup is planned for May, stay tuned!

1 Like

Great!

Greetings from Düsseldorf / Essen

1 Like

Ah some Metabase community in Europe, sweet!

Now, if only I knew a bit more about the topics I might come up with an excuse to make a trip to :bear:lin from :denmark: … I see it’s for " … für alle Metabase Nutzer rund um Berlin" and I guess a 6-700 km radius counts as such.

Very cool graphics BTW :+1: in particular:

2 Likes

Hahaha @jornh I am sure wie would find common topics in case you could be bothered coming to Berlin :slight_smile:

Wie geht’s, Berliners?

Thought I would post here that there’s a German translation of Metabase that is very nearly done, but one of the translators mentioned they could use some help with some of the remaining, trickier phrases.

If any of you would like to help out, or know someone else who would like to help, here’s the link to sign up to do so:

2 Likes

Hi, sorry for my absence (got a baby in the meantime :smiley: :baby:). Would love to help out, let me see if I can get this set up in the next few days.

3 Likes

Congrats, Eva!

1 Like

Congrats :confetti_ball::tada: on the new family member @EvaS. Hope all are doing well. I think that’s an excellent reason for being absent here, one which doesn’t need excuses :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Congratulations.

Now you’ll have plenty of time on your hands to do the translations. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Congratulations :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha yes … Will still try to get something done though !!

@maz seems that another user Lucas Kurz did most of the missing translations already, I was just able to add some comments. German translation seems now to be at 100% :muscle::vulcan_salute:

That’s right :wink: I did complete most of the translation but there are still some fuzzy ones to look at.

2 Likes

Hi Lucas, thanks for your work on that! Will try to add more input to the fuzzy translations, some of them are really tricky though … :unamused:

Hey,

Is the group still a thing? =)

I’ve recently joined metabase and it would be fun to discuss it with other users from Germany, Berlin =).

Hi,
in theory it is, although its dormant right now. But if you want to revive it, feel free! I think we just didn´t have much content for meetings lately, but if you have anything, I am sure we can set up a meeting.
Cheers, Eva

It would be interesting to see how you guys solve everyday problems in Metabase. I started using it 4 Weeks ago and most of the time I’m trying to find work around for problems with the GUI or things that would me much simpler with Python.

I mean, it’s a great tool, but I haven’t really got the hang of it yet, so I feel quite restrained by its limitations.