Metabase filters are not functioning properly after upgrade

I use a free version of Metabase and my filters used to have a dropdown as a recommendation and I could pick one and then it will all work smoothly. But as you can see on the image, all inputs except the date range are not functioning as they used to. I can only type my entries without any recommendation.

I have made 2 upgrades and I'm not sure which one caused the problem. I have tried rescanning the tables but that didn't work.

My version is v0.41.6 and I have made an update to the latest version because of the log4j issue.

I don't see any error on the Metabase log.

{
"browser-info": {
"language": "en-US",
"platform": "Win32",
"userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/99.0.4844.51 Safari/537.36",
"vendor": "Google Inc."
},
"system-info": {
"file.encoding": "ANSI_X3.4-1968",
"java.runtime.name": "OpenJDK Runtime Environment",
"java.runtime.version": "11.0.9.1+1-post-Debian-1deb10u2",
"java.vendor": "Debian",
"java.vendor.url": "https://tracker.debian.org/openjdk-11",
"java.version": "11.0.9.1",
"java.vm.name": "OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM",
"java.vm.version": "11.0.9.1+1-post-Debian-1deb10u2",
"os.name": "Linux",
"os.version": "5.7.0-0.bpo.2-amd64",
"user.language": "en",
"user.timezone": "Africa/Addis_Ababa"
},
"metabase-info": {
"databases": [
"mysql",
"h2"
],
"hosting-env": "unknown",
"application-database": "h2",
"application-database-details": {
"database": {
"name": "H2",
"version": "1.4.197 (2018-03-18)"
},
"jdbc-driver": {
"name": "H2 JDBC Driver",
"version": "1.4.197 (2018-03-18)"
}
},
"run-mode": "prod",
"version": {
"date": "2022-01-10",
"tag": "v0.41.6",
"branch": "release-x.41.x",
"hash": "296635f"
},
"settings": {
"report-timezone": null
}
}
}

Hi @yonihahasis

Which version did you upgrade from? Latest release is 0.42.2: https://github.com/metabase/metabase/releases/latest

Nothing in your screenshot hints at something being "not functioning".

Have a look here: https://www.metabase.com/docs/latest/troubleshooting-guide/filters.html

And migrate away from H2 if you are using Metabase in production: https://www.metabase.com/docs/latest/operations-guide/migrating-from-h2.html

I'm using MySQL database.
Before my current version, I was using Metabase v0.41.5. And before that, I was using a version that was around on year old.

The filter used to recommend options when I click on it, but there's no recommendation now. I have to type everything by myself for the search to work.

I used to have something like this before

@yonihahasis Read this: https://www.metabase.com/docs/latest/troubleshooting-guide/filters.html

I have solved my issues.
First, I have found that my SQL queries contained join specifications and that was one issue. So I had to remove them. These were mainly queries that were converted into a custom query from the query builder in Metabase.
Second, variable filters of my filters have been reset so I had to update them for every custom query I wrote.
Third, I used email addresses as a filtering option and they are now treated similar to dates. I used to say [[AND users.email = {{email}}]] now I have to say [[AND {{email}}]]. The previous one used to work fine.

Thanks for the support.