Multiple iterations of same metric

Hello. I am intending to show multiple 'paths' of a metric. In table format, the values of these metric are all in one column, but values in a different column, the iteration column, differ. I'd like to see how this metric is different with each iteration in a line graph.

When I zoom in by clicking and dragging, I get a better sense of what I'm trying to achieve, but when I'm zoomed out, I only get the values for one iteration. Any tips on how to get around this would be great.

Here is the zoomed in version. I only get one line in the zoomed out version.

Thanks!

Hi @msw
I’m not sure what you’re asking for. Can you use Sample Dataset or explain in more details?

Thank you for your response.

I am basically running multiple simulations of a price statistic. Each color in the graph above represents one of those simulations. Take the purple line to be the simulation #3, for example.

I would like to compare all simulations at the same time, but I can only do that if I zoom in on the graph. If I am zoomed out, I can only see one of these simulations.

In the table, one column holds the integers representing the simulation number, one holds the values of the metric we’re simulating, and one holds the step in time. For example, if there are 1000 steps in time. Then there will be 1000 rows where the simulation number is (for example), 4. Then there will be 1000 rows where the simulation number is 5, and so forth. The value of the metric changes with each row.

Does this make more sense?

I think I’ve found the issue. I need to be able to display a lot more than 2000 rows. Is there any way I can display more rows? I tried changing the limit with the sql to a higher number, but it still doesn’t work.

@msw
There’s some hardcoded limits in Metabase. 1 million records when downloading, 10,000 viewing records with aggregation, 2,000 viewing records without aggregation.
So if you have unique row IDs, then you can group by that ID, since that will allow you to show 10,000 records.
You would need to build your own version to modify those limits.
There’s a request for configurable limits - go and upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/4564