My metabase interface suddenly slows significantly down for some user

We have been using metabase for more than 2 years and it has worked fine but recently, the metabase slows down significantly for a set of users during peak hours. I have looked at all sort of metrics like CPU Utilization, DB calls etc and none of them are too high, so I am unable to diagnose and fix this issue. We have hosted the metabase instance on AWS Elastic Beanstalk as per the following instructions - Running Metabase on AWS Elastic Beanstalk . The diagnostic info is as follows:

  "browser-info": {
    "language": "en-GB",
    "platform": "MacIntel",
    "userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/ Safari/537.36",
    "vendor": "Google Inc."
  "system-info": {
    "file.encoding": "UTF-8",
    "": "OpenJDK Runtime Environment",
    "java.runtime.version": "11.0.18+10",
    "java.vendor": "Eclipse Adoptium",
    "java.vendor.url": "",
    "java.version": "11.0.18",
    "": "OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM",
    "java.vm.version": "11.0.18+10",
    "": "Linux",
    "os.version": "4.14.238-182.422.amzn2.x86_64",
    "user.language": "en",
    "user.timezone": "GMT"
  "metabase-info": {
    "databases": [
    "hosting-env": "unknown",
    "application-database": "postgres",
    "application-database-details": {
      "database": {
        "name": "PostgreSQL",
        "version": "13.10"
      "jdbc-driver": {
        "name": "PostgreSQL JDBC Driver",
        "version": "42.5.0"
    "run-mode": "prod",
    "version": {
      "date": "2023-02-19",
      "tag": "v0.45.3",
      "branch": "release-x.45.x",
      "hash": "070f57b"
    "settings": {
      "report-timezone": null

It will great if someone can help here.

Please tell us the sizing of the server and also the sizing of the app db

My guess is that the app db is struggling, but just a blind guess

For server, we are using a AWS EC2 - m5.4xlarge (16 vCPU, 64 GB RAM). I have tracked CPU Utilization but it has not gone above 6% (mostly it stays below 2%) in the last 1 month.
For DB, we are using a AWS Postgres RDS - db.t3.micro (2 vCPU, 1 GB RAM). I have tracked CPU Utilization (less than 15%) and # connections.
Though, I have observed that certain queries take longer than expected. PFA, the screenshot of top queries.

Please reduce the size of your Metabase server (it’s an overkill, even our biggest customers don’t need that beast unless you’re having a massive amount of traffic (e.g 5000/10000 RPS)

Also please increase the size of your application database. At least 2 cores and 8gb of ram with a gp3 disk

Thanks, this solution worked.