MySQL SSH Connect : No key-pair to add

Hello Metabase Community !

I’m looking for help to connect Metabase to a MySQL DB with an SSH tunnel but I get this error No key-pair to add

Here is the message I get in the log view :

[362be6c6-57f5-45f3-9205-72e84f7bfed4] 2020-12-21T21:41:41+01:00 WARN org.apache.sshd.client.keyverifier.AcceptAllServerKeyVerifier ParameterizedMessage[messagePattern=Server at {} presented unverified {} key: {}, stringArgs=[/134.209.246.207:22, EC, SHA256:1ynIu/Q2H8bDaTLVpKifqZjltgZnCKL0Ze0skJsMtCM], throwable=null]
[362be6c6-57f5-45f3-9205-72e84f7bfed4] 2020-12-21T21:41:41+01:00 DEBUG metabase.middleware.log POST /api/database 400 38.5 ms (0 appels de DB) 
{:valid false, :dbname "No key-pair to add", :message "No key-pair to add"}

Does someone have an idea ?

Hi @Hugo

You are seeing the same problem as this thread: Error Trying to Add Database

Resolution was to re-enter the information and then it started working. I don’t know where the problem comes from, but I have a feeling that it might be a browser password manager that is doing something.

Alternatively try with a manual SSH tunnel outside of Metabase:
https://www.metabase.com/docs/latest/administration-guide/01-managing-databases.html#what-if-the-built-in-ssh-tunnels-dont-fit-my-needs

And you should migrate away from H2 if you are using Metabase in production:
https://www.metabase.com/docs/latest/administration-guide/01-managing-databases.html#what-if-the-built-in-ssh-tunnels-dont-fit-my-needs

My bad ! I made a mistake using my SSH key ! Thank you for your help !

@Hugo Can you provide more details on what the mistake was? It’s going to help others in the future.

Sure:
My error was to copy past the content of the SSH after I unlocked it with PuttyGen.

Solution :
I just had to open the SSH file in a txt editor and copy past the content

1 Like

Faced the same error.

Don't forget to copy and paste the whole file content including the -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY----- and -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY----- .

It worked for me after I did that.

1 Like

I have difficulty pasting the SSH private key. Can I copy and paste it from the .ppk file? I have tried copying and pasting from the ppk file by opening it in Notepad and then pasting it into Metabase. Should this method work, or is there another recommended way?