New datasets in Big Query database not showing in Metabase UI

We have several Big Query databases connected to Metabase. In all of our BQ databaes, we added a new dataset, containing many new tables. After running both " Sync database schema now" and " Re-scan field values now" actions in the admin settings, our new datasets (and their tables) are not showing in the metabase table UI with all of our other datasets (and their tables).

I am able to write a raw query to query the new datasets (and their tables) via the metabase query writing tool. However, we need the UI to show all available tables.

We believe our permissions in GCP are set up correctly, but we are not ruling that out as part of the issue. Has anyone run into this before?

Hi, can you go to settings-> admin -> data models and check if the tables are hidden?

Hi Luiggi, thanks for the idea. The tables are not currently hidden. They do not show up in the hidden UI when searching.

Hi @cg0515591
Post "Diagnostic Info" from Admin > Troubleshooting.
Make sure you are including the dataset in Admin > Databases > (db) > Datasets.
And have a look here:

Hi Flamber. Thank you for replying. I did double check that we are including the name of the dataset in our settings. Here is a copy of our diagnostic info:

  "browser-info": {
    "language": "en-US",
    "platform": "MacIntel",
    "userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/ Safari/537.36",
    "vendor": "Google Inc."
  "system-info": {
    "file.encoding": "UTF-8",
    "": "OpenJDK Runtime Environment",
    "java.runtime.version": "",
    "java.vendor": "Eclipse Adoptium",
    "java.vendor.url": "",
    "java.version": "",
    "": "OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM",
    "java.vm.version": "",
    "": "Linux",
    "os.version": "5.4.202+",
    "user.language": "en",
    "user.timezone": "US/Central"
  "metabase-info": {
    "databases": [
    "hosting-env": "unknown",
    "application-database": "postgres",
    "application-database-details": {
      "database": {
        "name": "PostgreSQL",
        "version": "9.6.24"
      "jdbc-driver": {
        "name": "PostgreSQL JDBC Driver",
        "version": "42.2.23"
    "run-mode": "prod",
    "version": {
      "date": "2022-04-07",
      "tag": "v0.42.4",
      "branch": "release-x.42.x",
      "hash": "7c3ce2d"
    "settings": {
      "report-timezone": "UTC"

I also have run through each step in I can't see my tables. Thanks again!

@cg0515591 You are using an older version of Metabase. I would recommend upgrading:
There were no validation on dataset names and no trimming before v43, so that's likely the problem.