No results displayed but data is available in csv export

Hi,

I have a question that uses a SQL view to gather data. This data is aggregated by date: week and is available from Sept 2020 to Sept 2021 and can be visualized on a line graph.

When clicking on a chosen point (let's say the first week of august) I am given the choice to view the related records. When doing so, "No results !" is displayed but if I choose to download full results as a csv for example, I can see the related records.

After doing some investigation, it appears that even if the data is visible from Sept 2020 to Sept 2021 in the table view or the line view, only the data from Sept 2020 to May 2021 can be "dug through". All data from May 2021 to Sept 2021 are just missing, except when downloading then as csv.

I have taken a look at the logs in the troubleshooting section but no errors is showing. The data is just truncated when zooming on the records.

Does this issue ring a bell ?

Thank you.

Hi @smarty
Post "Diagnostic Info" from Admin > Troubleshooting, and which database type you're querying.

Hi @flamber,

Sorry for this missing info ! Here it is :

{
  "browser-info": {
    "language": "en",
    "platform": "Win32",
    "userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/94.0.4606.71 Safari/537.36",
    "vendor": "Google Inc."
  },
  "system-info": {
    "file.encoding": "UTF-8",
    "java.runtime.name": "OpenJDK Runtime Environment",
    "java.runtime.version": "11.0.12+7",
    "java.vendor": "Eclipse Foundation",
    "java.vendor.url": "https://adoptium.net/",
    "java.version": "11.0.12",
    "java.vm.name": "OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM",
    "java.vm.version": "11.0.12+7",
    "os.name": "Linux",
    "os.version": "5.4.0-65-generic",
    "user.language": "en",
    "user.timezone": "GMT"
  },
  "metabase-info": {
    "databases": [
      "sqlserver"
    ],
    "hosting-env": "unknown",
    "application-database": "mysql",
    "application-database-details": {
      "database": {
        "name": "MySQL",
        "version": "8.0.17"
      },
      "jdbc-driver": {
        "name": "MariaDB Connector/J",
        "version": "2.6.2"
      }
    },
    "run-mode": "prod",
    "version": {
      "date": "2021-10-06",
      "tag": "v0.41.0",
      "branch": "release-x.41.x",
      "hash": "c529fe2"
    },
    "settings": {
      "report-timezone": null
    }
  }
}

The database we are querying is a SQL Server 2016

@smarty Everything makes me think that you're seeing this issue:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/9940 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post

Hi,
I upvoted.
Is modifying myself the limit in the query-processor constraints and rebuilding our own image while waiting for a fix (or a way to set this limit properly) a good idea ? Is there any drawback to that ?

Thanks for your expertise.

@smarty Nested queries gets complicated and it's difficult to figure out performance problems for all types of databases, but you could try and monitor your database query log (or performance monitor) to see if it is causing any problems.