Optimal Install Linode Fedora volume? MongoDB, Postgresql?

At my Linode.com site I configured a Fedora 36 volume.
Instructions for Ubuntu install don't work all the way for Fedora.

I read different articles on Metabase server install that have me confused,
I have gotten as far as installing Metabase and seeing it work for a few days online at my fixed IP address.
But now, coming back from a short trip I can't get it running again and Linode support is no help.

I suspect that I did an install of Metabase without optimal configurations.
To start over I read advice that another database like postgresql should be installed with Metabase -- but in a specific way that makes it available, detectable by Metabase. So, I would like to make sure my install correctly makes another database on the same server usable.

Now I see videos from a Linode technician stating his preference for MongoDB.

So -- please, what are the steps for a JAR install on a virtual server host like Linode with supplemental services?

And apparently it is advised to install a SQL type database to hand off some of Metabase tasks to.

With all Best Practices in this case, and NOT utilizing Docker (this time) what are my 1-2-3-4 . . .
Steps for a Terminal install of Metabase?

Hi @ThunderPoet
Running servers and maintaining them is a job by itself.

Your question has nothing to do with Linode, but just Fedora, which you have selected. As far as I know, Fedora also comes with SystemD which our guide for Debian shows: Running Metabase on Debian as a service with nginx
There should be very small differences between Debian and Fedora.

Yes, you should not use the built-in H2 application database in production, but Postgres or MariaDB/MySQL instead. It is expected you already have that or find installation guides on the internet, since it's not specific to Metabase. Not sure why MongoDB is even being mentioned, it's irrelevant here.

Thank you for your response, flamber
You give a big, warm, friendly introduction to Metabase Discussions.

Your question has nothing to do with Linode, but just Fedora . .
Not sure why MongoDB is even being mentioned, it's irrelevant here.

Perhaps you could put yourself into a new Metabase user's shoes.
Not a whole lot of time spent on INSTALL documentation. Which is why people take the time to enroll in yet another discussion forum and why they are created in the first place -- to obviate having to spend a lot of time on public documentation.

Linode is mentioned as a CLUE for an experienced user in this forum IN CASE they wanted to send along a tip from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

I've installed so many applications over the life of the internet with so many technologies and so many DIFFERENT HOSTING COMPANIES. It is ludicrous, from my experience, to expect or to arrogantly proclaim that only "small differences" is insignificant to installation. Those small differences are usually HUGE until the user finds out what the techies did on their platform.

Even Fedora, if you search the subject, has accrued some important "differences" in how each version acts, what is required for installation, etc.

Because, as I explained, the head tech guru for my host states his preference for a number of reasons for MongoDB.
Hmm, maybe it has something to do with the environment of Linode.com itself.
So, I mention MongoDB, wondering if Metabase also runs with, supports, as they say, MongoDB.
Nevertheless, I installed the latest, stable Postgresql.

Here is the true value of your response and for this I thank you :

Yes, you should not use the built-in H2 application database in production, but Postgres or MariaDB/MySQL instead.

This IS on Metabase's website regarding MongoDB

https://www.metabase.com/datasources/

@ThunderPoet
Metabase provides hosting if you want that managed: Metabase Pricing

You are misunderstanding the difference between the internal application database in Metabase and the database source you can connect to Metabase.
Configuring the Metabase application database
Adding and managing databases

This is what I wrote when I started this thread -- that was on a Docker enabled volume at linodes.
I know the difference between the Cloud Docker and the Terminal install.

I have gotten as far as installing Metabase and seeing it work for a few days online at my fixed IP address.
But now, coming back from a short trip I can't get it running again and Linode support is no help.

And within the last hour I went with the highly recommended jar installation in my metabase container and it installed every driver EXCEPT the Postgresql driver. The repository install I used via Docker last week worked.

But I don't want to be restricted to living and dying by Docker dependence.

I used the latest jar file for installation in the /metabase folder I created after root and the Postgresql driver is missing and Metabase setup from jar looks incomplete and cannot be started.

I will work through this . .