Personal Collection Sharing

Hi,

Is it possible to share questions/dashboards built in ‘My Personal Collection’ with other collections? I have been building questions and dashboards in my own Personal Collection and I would like to be able to share them (by duplicating) into collections my colleagues use. When I did this, they are seeing ‘Sorry, you do not have permission to see this card’. If I go and manually re-build the same question in their collection then they can see it, but not if I duplicated it from my own Personal Collection.

Basically, do I have to build questions for intended Collections inside of that Collection from the outset or can I use My Personal Collection as a WIP area to later duplicate and share with other collections?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Graham

Hi @Graham
The Personal Collection is only accessible to you (and Admins), so if you want to share something, then place it in a collection that is accessible to the ones you want to share with.
We wrote an article about collection permissions, which might be of interest to you:
https://www.metabase.com/learn/organization/organization/collection-permissions.html