POST /api/setup/ token

Need a little help on accessing the setup route to configure metabase from our own api.
Is it possible to generate a setup token to pass into the setup request from our own api? Also curious what token Token does not match the setup token’ means in the documentation. Thank you for any help!

Hi @jdrewdesigns
Just for reference: https://github.com/metabase/metabase/blob/master/docs/api-documentation.md
If I remember correctly, you need to grab the token from GET /api/session/properties before calling POST /api/setup/
The “documentation” is auto-generated, so the texts you see after the parameter is usually the error line from the endpoints validator.
I would highly recommend that you use your browser developer console (Network-tab) to investigate what Metabase does during requests. Almost everything what Metabase does through it’s interface, just uses the same APIs.

02-25 12:37:20 WARN middleware.log :: POST /api/session/properties 404 523.1 µs (0 DB calls)
“API endpoint does not exist.”

@jdrewdesigns You're using POST instead of GET - let me repeat myself:

I would highly recommend that you use your browser developer console (Network-tab) to investigate what Metabase does during requests. Almost everything what Metabase does through it’s interface, just uses the same APIs.