Problem summarizing personalized expressions (Shares)


In a question I am trying to “summarize” information which already got summarized a first time in the same question. In the “first summarization” I am using a personalized expression to calculate a “Share” which is partitioned by months. I then want to extract the average of these monthly shares. When trying to visualize the result however I get this error: “Name Share of prospects not found inside source at [2:21]”.

Any idea how I should proceed ?



Hi @anton1
Sounds like this issue (or one of the ones that I have referenced in my comment): - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post of an issue

Hi @flamber,

Thank you for your response. Do you have any idea when this issue will be resolved ?

Many thanks,


@anton1 No, and there’s 2000 other issues. Trying to prioritize as best as I can, but we’re a small team.

And there seems to be the same issue for ordering the results of personalized expressions in ascending/descending order ? Is that correct or am I mistaken ?


@anton1 Yep,

Hi @flamber thank you for your response. This is actually quite problematic for a dashboard I am trying to build. Although I understand it is not possible for you to give a precise ETA my team and I would highly value if you could please provide us with a rough medium/long term estimate of when this issue will be resolved. It would be very useful if we could know if we are speaking weeks, months or years…

Thank you very much for your understanding

@anton1 We have just fixed a bunch of nested query problems in 0.38.0, which was released yesterday.
I cannot give you a timeline for any issues, but we will round up a bunch of related issues and tackle them at the same time. Currently several of those are high priority.

Thank you for your response. However basic this may sound; how can I know if my Metabase version is up to date ? In the update section of the admin panel I have this (in French). Basically it says that Metabase should update automatically when new releases are available. However below is written “Sorry, we couldn’t verify if there are available updates for the moment”. Does this mean that I am still on an old version and that updates aren’t working ? If so, how can I update it ?



Post “Diagnostic Info” from Admin > Troubleshooting.

And then check this issue: - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post

Ok. By "Post “Diagnostic Info”, do you mean “File a bug report” ?

@anton1 No, I mean “Diagnostic Info” - copy it and insert it here:

Ok like this then ?

“browser-info”: {
“language”: “en-GB”,
“platform”: “MacIntel”,
“userAgent”: “Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.150 Safari/537.36”,
“vendor”: “Google Inc.”
“system-info”: {
“file.encoding”: “UTF-8”,
“”: “OpenJDK Runtime Environment”,
“java.runtime.version”: “11.0.10+9”,
“java.vendor”: “AdoptOpenJDK”,
“java.vendor.url”: “”,
“java.version”: “11.0.10”,
“”: “OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM”,
“java.vm.version”: “11.0.10+9”,
“”: “Linux”,
“os.version”: “4.14.186-146.268.amzn2.x86_64”,
“user.language”: “en”,
“user.timezone”: “GMT”
“metabase-info”: {
“databases”: [
“hosting-env”: “unknown”,
“application-database”: “postgres”,
“application-database-details”: {
“database”: {
“name”: “PostgreSQL”,
“version”: “11.7”
“jdbc-driver”: {
“name”: “PostgreSQL JDBC Driver”,
“version”: “42.2.8”
“run-mode”: “prod”,
“version”: {
“date”: “2021-02-11”,
“tag”: “v1.37.9”,
“branch”: “release-x.37.x”,
“hash”: “a9a7fc8”
“settings”: {
“report-timezone”: null

@anton1 Okay, so I’m guessing that you are using Metabase Cloud.
You will be upgraded to 1.38.0 - likely this week. It will not fix the specific problem you’re having though.