Query failure after update from 0.30.1 to 0.32.9

I have used metabase for a long while, today i found there are new features of new version seems useful, So I decide to update metabase as follows:

1. backup metabase.db.*
  2. download new version metabase.jar from website
  3. start metabase : java -jar metabase.jar

all pages can be access, but all table or question display abnormal, error log:

I have tried some solution found by google, as disable ssl in admin--> database [Additional JDBC connection string options].
But when click "save" button, error message is shown in page as "java.sql.SQLException: Trying to connect with ssl, but ssl not enabled in the server.

similar error message in log file

Hi @floyd

Which version of MySQL server are you using?

Are you using Metabase in production? Then I would suggest that you migrate away from the H2 metadata. This also makes it much easier to see raw configuration etc.
https://www.metabase.com/docs/latest/operations-guide/start.html#migrating-from-using-the-h2-database-to-mysql-or-postgres

Mysql Server version is 5.7

Yes, We are using 0.30.1 metabase in production, and with H2. Also, I tested migrate H2 database to mysql successfully tomorrow.

@floyd
Okay, when you’ve migrated from H2, then have a look in database table metabase_database in the column details, and make sure there’s no ssl=true or change it to false.

it words for me!
thank you !:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like