I observed that following custom queries are being fired by Metabase on backend database which are a huge lot in numbers:
- "select 1" : ~180,000 runs per day
- show /* JDBC:DatabaseMetaData.getColumns() */ columns in database "DATA_WAREHOUSE" : ~ 1600 runs per day
- alter session /* JDBC:DBConnectionV1.setAutoCommit*/ set autocommit=false : ~ 1600 runs per day
I am curious to know:
- What is the use case/ relevance of these queries?
- When are these queries fired from Metabase?
- Can we limit their execution eg. limit count of run or change duration between runs or block these queries to run? If yes, then how?