Remove time from date filter

Greetings! we recently updated our metabase to the latest version and noticed that in the date filter there is now an option to add a specific time filter (attached image shows it).

Unfortunately we allow our clients to modify that filter and using the additional time filter really slows down the dashboard as our questions are quite complex.

Is there a way to remove the time filter without removing the ability to modify the date altogether?

Many thanks!

Change the setting on the column to be just a date. In this example, you'd change the Creation timestamp to Creation date.

1 Like

Amazing! That is exactly what I need! but I can't seem to find where that setting is. This is a dashboard.
Would you be so kind as to show me where exactly that colum setting is? Thanks!

It's in Admin, go to Table Metadata

1 Like

Found it, many thanks!

Hi @FrancoLudovicoAlfano , I hope you are doing well. If the previous statement was meant to convey something specific, I'm afraid I didn't quite grasp its meaning. Could you please clarify or elaborate on what you intended? I'd be happy to assist you.

Hi @AndrewMBaines Can you help me into this

Hi @AndrewMBaines , good day. I had tried the suggested changes ; still the 'add to time' feature is appearing. can you share detailed steps to tackle this issue. in our case data is aggregated at date granularity, add to time feature causing confusion to the user.

Thanks

As a heads-up for future people viewing this thread.
If you want to guarantee that I won't reply, just use @ and my name in your post.

Just wanted to notify folks that there is an open Github issue for this: Using specific dates in Date field filter automatically adds unwanted time filter · Issue #43196 · metabase/metabase · GitHub

Feel free to upvote and/or add additional context to the issue.