Snowflake: "use warehouse" command

It seems I’ve successfully connected to Snowflake and view all our schema under “Browse Data.”

However, when I go to view a table or run a question, I get the following error:
“No active warehouse selected in the current session. Select an active warehouse with the ‘use warehouse’ command.”

Any experience with this? Is there something in the config, either in Snowflake or Metabase I need to do get this to work? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi @tyleryaylunch
I have never seen anyone reporting this problem before. Not sure if you’re missing some connection info in Metabase, or need to change something on Snowflake like the user/role doesn’t have grant privileges to the warehouse.
Try with a different tool like DBeaver.io to see if the problem is with Snowflake or Metabase.

I was able to resolve - a lot of this had to do with my not undertstanding databases vs. warehouses in Snowflake. Correcting the warehouse name solved the issue.

1 Like

@tyleryaylunch I'm running into this problem as well. Any tips on solving this? I have the correct database and warehouse name, and have specified a default warehouse for my user.

solved! my metabase user didn't have access to my warehouse that I wanted it to use.

Seeing this as well.

The connection works correctly, it lists the field and lets me edit their properties.
However, I get the dreaded "No active warehouse selected…" message when trying to use the reports.

The same connection settings work in DBeaver and other SaaS analytics systems.

PS: PROBLEM SOLVED! I'm not sure if/what I changed anything in the settings, but …it now works. I just checked a few times the DWH, Role and other settings and stuff started working.