Not sure if this is in scope for #10460 so opening a thread here. If anyone knows a more appropriate ticket or has other ideas / suggestions on this, please comment.
When there are many columns in a question builder result, such as for large tables or join results, the table visualisation configurator can be cumbersome to use.
In the below image I used high-tech screengrabs and powerpoint to mock up what I think would be useful to have there, in specifically:
- A select all / select none button as a shortcut for clicking 10’s of columns in or out.
- A button to sort columns, as a shortcut for organising selected columns, optionally:
- sort by all included columns (default), or by table
- sort by the display name (default), or the actual database column name
- Retain the option to click and drag columns into position
For SQL questions it’s probably fair to assume the author has stated the columns in the desired order, in which case this row of new widgets could be greyed out.