Text and number filers not working

• Chrome Version 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Win 10, latest updates
  • SQL
  • version v0.40.0 Built on 2021-07-08
  • Docker
  • MariaDB

In our organization, we run native SQL queries and filters (all types, text/num/date/field). As of today (or it was noticed today...) we can't get text or number filters to work. Currently, field filters and date filters are working fine.

Reproducable:
If you go to any question with a number or text field and try to change it in the UI box, it'll revert to the previous selection. If you change the variable in the URL, it works fine. If you change the filter type to number or text (whatever it wasn't before) the behavior is the same.

I've created several dashboards to test this and they return the same results. This is happening across many production/deployed dashboards consistently across the organization.

Thanks

Hi @thadpole
I cannot reproduce.
Please post "Diagnostic Info" from Admin > Troubleshooting.
Which version were you using before?
Are you using a reverse-proxy (cache, CDN, WAF, etc)? Since you have just upgraded to 0.40.0, then it might be a cache that isn't refreshing correctly.

@flamber

We are using cloudflare acces for teams but I don't think that it's doing any caching

We're able to reproduce the issue by going straight to the container and bypassing cloudflare so I don't think it's cloudflare.

{
"browser-info": {
"language": "en-US",
"platform": "Win32",
"userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.124 Safari/537.36",
"vendor": "Google Inc."
},
"system-info": {
"file.encoding": "UTF-8",
"java.runtime.name": "OpenJDK Runtime Environment",
"java.runtime.version": "11.0.11+9",
"java.vendor": "AdoptOpenJDK",
"java.vendor.url": "https://adoptopenjdk.net/",
"java.version": "11.0.11",
"java.vm.name": "OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM",
"java.vm.version": "11.0.11+9",
"os.name": "Linux",
"os.version": "5.8.0-1036-azure",
"user.language": "en",
"user.timezone": "GMT"
},
"metabase-info": {
"databases": [
"sqlserver"
],
"hosting-env": "unknown",
"application-database": "mysql",
"application-database-details": {
"database": {
"name": "MariaDB",
"version": "10.2.39-MariaDB-1:10.2.39+maria~bionic"
},
"jdbc-driver": {
"name": "MariaDB Connector/J",
"version": "2.6.2"
}
},
"run-mode": "prod",
"version": {
"date": "2021-07-08",
"tag": "v0.40.0",
"branch": "master",
"hash": "961caed"
},
"settings": {
"report-timezone": "US/Central"
}
}
}

@thadpole Which version were you using before? If you're having problems, then revert to your backup.

I have no idea what Cloudflare settings you might have enabled, but it has cache and RocketLoader, which does not play well with Metabase.
https://www.metabase.com/docs/latest/troubleshooting-guide/proxies.html

We do not have any caching in Cloudflare, we're able to reproduce the error by going directly into the container and bypassing Cloudflare.

This is reproducable with very simple (2 line) SQL queries

select customerid from db.schema.table
where  customerID = {{custid}}

We reverted back to 39.4 and the text and number filters are working again.

@thadpole Can you provide a video of the problem? I have tried multiple ways, creating questions and then upgrading, creating question on 0.40.0, creating unsaved questions, but Text/Number filters works as expected.
There must be something that I'm not seeing.

I'm sorry @flamber, this is a production system so we needed it functioning asap and I no longer have a .4 instance to make a video from.

Maybe someone else is having this issue?

@thadpole Okay, so unless you're seeing this issue, then I don't know what the problem could be, since I cannot reproduce:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/17019