Trouble using multiple summarize by columns

Hi All,

Really enjoying exploring this product but having some issues creating a chart with multiple summarize by columns. For context, I'm analyzing DC Moving Violations data, it's loaded in a local postgresql database and I'm running metabase locally with

docker run  -e "JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS=-Xmx2048m" -p 3000:3000 --name metabase metabase/metabase

When summarizing the data by one column (either issue_date or violation_code), everything looks okay:

But when summarizing by both, the graph seems to "bail early" and stop showing data for T119 (speeding 11-15 mph) after 2011. The graphs are different depending upon the order of the summarize by statements:

The first graph is roughly correct (violations as the series) except that it stops graphs T119 early and doesn't allow for regrouping the time axis. The second graph truncates the entire data range to match the short time frame.

Any thoughts on why this is occurring or ideas to troubleshoot? Thanks,

Drew

Hi @drewbo
Notice the black triangle in the upper-right corner?
Looking at the graphs, it looks like you have more than 10,000 results, so that's why it stops.
That is a hardcoded limit, so either change to weekly granularity or a shorter period.
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/4564 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post

I totally missed that! Thanks. I upvoted in the github thread and will cut out some outlier data for now. Thanks again,

Drew