Unable to load Sample Data in Tutorial

Hello, I’m not as familiar with SQL as I’d like, but I wanted to explore some solutions out there. However, I cannot even get past the tutorial; I don’t know why but it cannot retrieve data from the test database. All I see is this: http://i.imgur.com/hXSuSGn.png

In the example, I’m supposed to see multiple tables. I reset the config files that it generates when run in the program’s root directory which reset the settings but still did not retrieve the sample data. Is there another location that it stores the data, or some other way to fix this?

I’m using the JAR version on Windows.

can you copy+paste the console logs?

does the user you are running the program under have write permissions to the directory the jar is in?

Hello, I was connecting to it on the same machine I downloaded and installed it on, and luckily this laptop is running Windows 7, so there’s no absurd lockdown on the Program Files folder to undo. Additionally, it generates the system files in directory I put it within, meaning the system isn’t blocking it from creating files.

I tried later on with my home computer without any problems. I later revisited it on my university network, and tried different directories just for the heck of it…and it…works.

I don’t have an antivirus installed because I’m well aware that I’m not the lucky 100,000 viewer, and Windows Firewall is off. What exactly happened here? Does the system treat network requests different from file generation requests in special circumstances?

Have you had any luck with this?

Yes, thank you for asking. I had mentioned in the last post that I got it to work, but I still don’t know what originally caused it. It generated the H2 database files, but it didn’t fill them with data until I moved the program out of Program Files, which is the weird part - it had permission to write files, but while I did not have a firewall nor an antivirus running it could not make query requests for the H2 sample data it seems.

It’s a weird problem in general, but I guess all I can do is make sure not to have it in Program Files in the future.