Update from 0.43.4 to 0.44.0 for free version error

Thanks a lot to the metabase team for 2 years of using and being able to meet 90% of our analytical needs;
i download the latest version jar package , rename it as metabase_0.44.0.jar , modify the start shell script as following

nohup java -Duser.country=CN -Duser.language=zh -jar metabase_jar/metabase_0.44.0.jar >> metabase.log 2>&1 &

error log :

Warning: protocol #'java-time.core/Amount is overwriting function abs
WARNING: abs already refers to: #'clojure.core/abs in namespace: java-time.core, being replaced by: #'java-time.core/abs
WARNING: abs already refers to: #'clojure.core/abs in namespace: java-time, being replaced by: #'java-time/abs
Warning: environ value /usr/lib/jdk1.8.0_131 for key :java-home has been overwritten with /usr/lib/jdk1.8.0_131/jre
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Circular loading of installed providers detected
at java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.installedProviders(FileSystemProvider.java:161)
at java.nio.file.Paths.get(Paths.java:141)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.util.Source.toFile(Source.java:55)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.util.Source.(Source.java:142)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.ConfigurationSource.(ConfigurationSource.java:139)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.ConfigurationSource.getConfigurationSource(ConfigurationSource.java:388)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.ConfigurationSource.fromResource(ConfigurationSource.java:366)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.ConfigurationFactory$Factory.getConfiguration(ConfigurationFactory.java:554)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.ConfigurationFactory$Factory.getConfiguration(ConfigurationFactory.java:483)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.ConfigurationFactory.getConfiguration(ConfigurationFactory.java:325)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext.reconfigure(LoggerContext.java:690)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext.reconfigure(LoggerContext.java:711)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext.start(LoggerContext.java:253)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.impl.Log4jContextFactory.getContext(Log4jContextFactory.java:155)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.impl.Log4jContextFactory.getContext(Log4jContextFactory.java:47)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.LogManager.getContext(LogManager.java:196)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.spi.AbstractLoggerAdapter.getContext(AbstractLoggerAdapter.java:137)
at org.apache.logging.slf4j.Log4jLoggerFactory.getContext(Log4jLoggerFactory.java:55)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.spi.AbstractLoggerAdapter.getLogger(AbstractLoggerAdapter.java:47)
at org.apache.logging.slf4j.Log4jLoggerFactory.getLogger(Log4jLoggerFactory.java:33)
at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:363)
at com.mchange.v2.log.slf4j.Slf4jMLog.getMLogger(Slf4jMLog.java:75)

Hi @yakunhan
Upgrade to Java 11: https://www.metabase.com/docs/latest/installation-and-operation/java-versions
Latest release is 0.44.1: https://github.com/metabase/metabase/releases/latest

The response was so fast!!!
question 1:

the java version for my company is java-8  and the java version change is a common and difficulte question  cause its not easy to modify it ; 

does the java version change begin from metabase 0.44 version  ?   
    are the next all updates  being to use java-11-version ?     
    how to resolve it ?

question 2:
the 0.40's specific little version (for example :0.44.0 or 0.44.1) i cant know ,

i know the metabase version throw the Documention-> 0.44 and the download jar named as  metabase.jar also not  offer the version 

definitily  i can know the version throw git    its a acceptable way   ,  do i have other way?

@yakunhan Metabase v44.0+ requires Java 11. I don't understand your other questions.

1 Like