Updating dashboard filter causing all cards to re-fetch data

Hi

• I have 2 cards Card1 and Card2 on my dashboard, and 2 dashboards filters Filter1 and Filter2.
  • Filter1 is mapped to a filter on Card1, Filter2 is mapped to a filter on Card2
  • On-click of Card1 updates the Filter2 for Card2

However, any updates to Filter2 (either by Card1's on-click, or manual update), causes re-fetch of data on both Card1 and Card2. One would expect that only Card2 is fetched. These are not insignificant queries so takes long time. Moreover, other dashboards with more cards and it becomes very slow.

I think my issue is same as this one: Metabase Dashboard filter refresh. Though, I believed it was supposed to be fixed in 0.43.
Here's the bug: Dashboard filter - Avoid update questions without a filter · Issue #8030 · metabase/metabase · GitHub
and the PR that was is meant to fix it: Fix reloading questions when filters are not changed by ranquild · Pull Request #22197 · metabase/metabase · GitHub

Has this issue already been fixed? I am on Metabase 0.44.1

Hi @nilay
I've created an issue for it:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/25914 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post

Latest release is 0.44.4

Cheers! that was quick :slight_smile:

Yeah... am testing 0.44.4 separately and also has the same issue.

@nilay I didn't say it was fixed, otherwise I wouldn't have created an issue for it.

Sorry I meant my thanks for so promptly responding and creating the issue as P2 priority. :+1: