Updating locked parameters in an embedded chart, without the iframe reloading

Hi I am using the opensource version of metabase. As per the examples, I have successfully embedded a chart into a ReactJS website. The embedded chart uses values in a signed JWT token appended to the metabase url to set the locked parameter value. All of this does work, but it is verrrrry slow as a change to the token causes the entire iframe to reload. So my questions are:

1. I have read in a few places on the metabase site that postMessage might be an alternative method for updating the value of a locked parameter. Is this true, and are there any other alternatives?

2. will postMessage update the locked parameter value without causing the entire iframe to reload (and hence be as speedy as using the metabase application directly)?

3. is postMessage only available in Enterprise Edition, or can the OpenSource version use it too?

Hi @notreallyhere
Have a look here: https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/9494 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post
postMessage isn’t currently in CE, since it was meant for EE’s FullApp Embedding - that might change.