Upgrading to 0.6.3 error

Tried to upgrade from 0.5.7, and it doesn’t work. updated Java to newer versionion and still getting error and it wont start. I replaced the older JAR file, and the old one doesn’t start either. Previously, I was just replacing JAR files, and the upgrade was working just fine. Is there anything different with this version? It’s the community edition running locally. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

please post the exact versions :slight_smile:

0.57 to 0.63 is a big jump. Generally we recommend upgrading one major version at a time to avoid running into issues with large migration transactions tanking the database. It also helps when trying to isolate any issues to a particular version change.

I was able to upgrade incrementally to Metabase 0.63.15, but trying to upgrade to 0.63.15.7, it fails now.

Can you post the log of the crash?

Is it wanting MB_SESSION_SECRET_KEY to be set?