User Permissions set to allow access, however access still revoked

Hi there,

I have set up our All Users group to be able to curate all dashboards and collections, however whenever a non-admin users attempts to view the collection they are told they don't have the correct permission.

I have tried changing the users role to a newly set up one with the same permissions, as well as changing from 'curate' to 'view only' however they are still unable to view the dashboards/collections.

Currently it is set up so that all users have access to all schemas/tables/collections so should be no issue with permissions clashing elsewhere or anything.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Hi @sam-baggott
Please post "Diagnostic Info" from Admin > Troubleshooting.
The full stacktrace error should indicate the problem - Admin > Troubleshooting > Logs.
Where is the collection located that the users cannot access? Is it under root (Our Analytics), some sub-sub-collection under root, or is it in a Personal Collection?

Thanks @flamber

The logs indicate it is a card on the dashboard which is causing the access problems. Is there a quick way in-app to tell a card's number?

@flamber I have managed to solve this now - thanks for your help!

@sam-baggott Great you got it fixed, but it would probably be helpful to others if you wrote what the problem was and how you resolved it.

Unfortunately it was a simple as I didn't realise the cards making up the dashboard also needed to be in a collection publicly viewable... :upside_down_face:

@sam-baggott Understandable. That might change in the future. Just for reference:
https://www.metabase.com/learn/organization/organization/collection-permissions.html