X-axis and Parameters

Good day to every one I am Nhlanganiso Hussein Mnyandu from South Africa, I have a few question is there a feature that will allow x axis scrolling so I am able to scroll to the end of the x axis and also prevent X-axis data labels from over lapping?
And is there a way of creating a list SQL parameter that i can also use as a filter e.g. my variable is {{comparison}} and has a list of 4 values that value1,value2,value3,value4 and based on the value a calculation is executed as calculated column in my sql statement?

Thank you in advance

Hi, @Husein , sup?

I’ll try to answer your questions here. Hope I can help you.

1. You can see in this PR that Metabase core team already implemented a feature to prevent axis overlapping. Maybe it’s only a matter of update your Metabase version.

2. I don’t think Metabase has this feature, but maybe you can create all possible calculations in one query and display them as a grouped question, in which each series represents the results of one “valueX” (where X = 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 ). Another possible solution is: you can model you database as a fact dimension and “valueX” can be a dimension.

Summary

This text will be hidden

2 Likes

@lucasloami beat me to it, but to clarify:

• The x-axis improvements, including rotation, will be included in our next release, 0.29, which will be out in the next few weeks.
  • The way we’re planning on implementing this is through a feature that would let you use another saved question to populate the selectable values for a field filter variable.
2 Likes

Thank you very much @lucasloami

Thank you