Dashboard Arrangements/Amendment

Hi,

I have a dashboard that contains 20 different charts in it - now the day has come I need to add Chart 21 and due to the layout, I need this to be at the top or 2nd top of my dashboard.

It seems the only way I can do this is to manually edit the dashboard and drag every single chart down accordingly.

Am I missing something obvious that allows me to insert (and also delete) blank rows into a dashboard?

Cheers
Stu

I don't think so ... currently ...

Thanks for the question - I’d never have thought to test this. Fire up a query tool and do the following:

update metabase.report_dashboardcard set row=row+3 where dashboard_id=3

That moves everything in dashboard_id=3 down by 3 rows. Obviously modify to your dashboard ID and how far you want to move them.
You can do something similar with the Size of the charts - you can even make them overlap, but not sure if you can break stuff like this.

2 Likes

Where would I do that Andrew?

I’m using custom questions (I can’t write SQL scripts) and just adding to dashboard?

Cheers
Stu

You need to use the admin tools for whichever database you use to store the Metabase configuration. I’m using MySQL, but similar for other.

Ahh, thanks - I don’t have admin access, I’m just a mere mortal end user, ha.

Thanks anyway.

It should be possible to do the same using the API, I’ve just not worked on that bit yet.

I think added a way in the UI to simply insert rows into above/ below a item would really help.

1 Like

@brettelliot There’s an issue open for making it easier to rearrange the dashboards:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/9895 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post