Feature Request: Create a customized dropdown filter based on a query (or client_id)

Hi, I’ve been using Metabase for about 5 months, and it provides tremendous added value.

My feature request is regarding the public dashboard.

Last week, I found that if a SQL column is ENUM, then I can create a dropdown filter with those values.

My request for a new feature:

If a client has 4 posts associated with his account, I can create a dropdown filter for the metabase dashboard that will dynamically include more options based on new posts made by that client.

That means, I don’t want all clients to have access to all the posts in the database - rather, each client should have a dropdown with their specific posts.

Thanks again for this awesome product!!!

Best thing since Google Analytics!!!

2 Likes

We are pretty satiesfied with Metabase, too.
This feature is critical for us. We have a multi-client system where each client gets filtered data (working pretty well using a hidden filter for all dashboards and views). But as the clients can see personal data from other unrelated client in the filter dropdown we have a privacy problem. This is a major problem for us as privacy is a main issue in the project.

So a possibility to further filter the dropdown values is essential (best with a query like stated above).