How to enable custom remapping in a field?

Hello,

I’m using Metabase 0.25.2 and I’m trying to enable custom remapping but the option simply never appear. Given a numeric field I have (Postgresql integer field) I tried to:

• set as Category
  • set as number
  • set as no special category

None of these cases the custom remapping option appeared on Display Values. The doc doesn’t mention how to use them as well.

Thanks

1 Like

So, I think I found the issue. I was trying to add custom remapping for a PostgreSQL View and the option never appear on Display Values menu. However, if I try to do the same with a table, it works no matter the type I select.

In summary, if you’re using Postgresql views, you cannot rely on custom remapping.

Reported here: https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/6065

just support original numeric fields?
not supper for the text type?

Yes correct, that’s currently a limitation, see:

I’m having a very similar problem, but with a MySQL database. This table is not a view. Same scenario: I can set the type to any numerical type (the original type is type/Integer) and still not receive the option to do a custom mapping. Why is this?

I have the same issue with mysql.
In my table I have different fields, some of them have the option to do a custom mapping, some of them not.
From mysql it is a type/Integer. And the conf in metabase is exactly the same for both fields.

Hi @fvafva
There’s an issue, when there are NULL values - go and upvote by clicking :+1:

Many thanks for your answer, I missed that info in github.

Im using Ver 39.1 - source database is Sqlite. Column has no null values (varchar) but is nullable. I dont seem to be able to get the custom mapping option to display

@brianwilson Metabase does currently not support mapping of strings:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/11445 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post

I'm unable to set custom mapping on Metabase 0.47.4, MySQL.

I'm trying to set column type to all Numerical types:

• Quantity
  • Score

Also not working on Category, where it worked in past (I have other table and column with Category type where mapping is present)

Not sure how to get custom mapping working..

running 47.4

you should check that the field base type is type/integer