Getting "There aren't any filter widgets for this type of field yet" when adding a Field Filter Variable

I’m getting “There aren’t any filter widgets for this type of field yet” when trying to map this filter to text column. But if I change it to a different column I’m able to get the “Category” option in Field Filter Type drop down. I don’t see the difference between the 2 columns. Both are VARCHAR.

I found this on the documentation:

“If you’re not seeing the option to display a filter widget, make sure the mapped field is set to one of the above types, and then try manually syncing your database from the “Databases” section of the Admin Panel to force Metabase to scan and cache the field’s values.”

I did the sync but I’m still getting the same issue. Any thoughts?

Hi @robgarciab
A couple of sections above that paragraph, you'll see this:

First, insert a variable tag in your SQL, like {{my_var}} . Then, in the side panel, select the “Field Filter” variable type, and choose which field to map your variable to. In order to display a filter widget, you’ll have to choose a field whose “Type” in the “Data Model” section of the Admin Panel is one of the following

Redirecting…

So make sure the missing column has a Field Type defined to one of ones on the list. Admin > Data Model

Thank you very much! @flamber That was the issue