- Metabase does not provide binning (or autobin) for latitude and longitude fields. Results in “Grid map requires binned longitude/latitude.” error.
Here’s the tech info:
- Metabase v0.34.3 (going to upgrade to v0.35.2 (the latest) soon and will see if this issue is resolved)
- MySQL database
- Latitude and longitude columns in MySQL table are decimal(8,6) and decimal(9,6) respectively
Here’s what I’ve done/verified:
- I can get the grid map to work with the sample data set. It’s great and I’d love to use it!
- Searched GitHub and Discourse for an existing solution.
- Used BOTH the simple and custom question builders to create a query grouped by latitude and longitude (native query currently not supported by the grid map).
- Verified the latitude and longitude table columns are set to latitude and longitude types in the data model (in the admin section).
- Discarded cached fields values and re-scanned the table fields in the data model settings for the respective latitude and longitude fields.
- Re-scanned the table.
- Re-scanned the entire database.
- Changed the latitude and longitude table columns to float and retried the above steps. Just for giggles, I changed them to an INT datatype and re-scanned. No dice.
None of the above worked. Any thoughts or other trouble shooting steps are much appreciated!