Link to most recent Metabase JAR

Does Metabase provide a link to a JAR file of the most recent version at any given time?

Context: at the moment, Download the Metabase JAR refers to a JAR file containing the version. Installing Metabase programmatically, this requires me to maintain the most recent version number manually.

You always need to maintain the recent version manually unless you make another person do so, e.g Metabase cloud

It's here:

You always need to maintain the recent version manually unless you make another person do so

That is incorrect.

Thank you. This thread did not come up in my search.

I would love to know how to maintain Metabase in the latest version without any person intervening in the process if possible

Depends where it's installed.
You need a schedule of some sort to do:
On Windows, stop the service, download the latest, overwrite the old, restart the service.
On Linux, similar but you restart the service after the overwrite rather than stopping first.

If you were being pedantic, you could check the crc of the new file vs the old, but easier to just overwrite even if unchanged.

Not sure what you mean. Just periodically stop Metabase, pull the latest JAR (from the URL I asked for) and start it.

I looked for this today. Thanks to this thread which put me on the right track.

The link is:

https://downloads.metabase.com/latest/metabase.jar

which allows unattended upgrades with scripts like:

wget -O metabase.jar $METABASE_JAR_URL

Thank you!