can you please help me to understand Metabase Architecture along with that how does the data loading & data handling and cache mechanism works in Metabase ? Any documentation would be really helpful
- The user creates or views a question in the frontend and that sends a request to the backend.
- The backend checks if it has a cache of this query - if cache is enabled, and it's not a no-cache request, and if cache TTL is still valid. If yes to all, then cached results are returned - go to step 5
- The backend sends the query to the database
- The backend receives results from the database - if cache is enabled, then the results are stored
- The backend sends the results to the user (frontend)
- The frontend displays the results in the visualization chosen
Thank you for the swift response. May I ask you to share any Metabase Architecture diagram
@flamber, I a referring to the attached architecture diagram. Could you please help me to understand in deeper
@vsuravaram Metabase is single, contained service, so that would just be similar to what you already have created.
Thanks @flamber .Do you have any additional documentation on the architecture apart from the above which explain about data handling & data loading etc.,
@vsuravaram It's very broad questions you're asking. I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for or what you need it for.