TLS10 error when trying to connect to older SQL Server

Estou tendo esse erro ao conectar ao SQL Server 2014:

The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "The server selected protocol version TLS10 is not accepted by client preferences [TLS13, TLS12]". ClientConnectionId:8eef1dbb-95ba-4002-b251-88ba309ced1b

Qual versão do JDBC vocês utilizam ? Qual devo instalar no docker ?

1 Like

Hi @ppsnetto
TLS1.0 isn't supported much any where. You should be able to upgrade your MSSQL:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb3135244-tls-1-2-support-for-microsoft-sql-server-e4472ef8-90a9-13c1-e4d8-44aad198cdbe
Or try adding encrypt=false to the Connection String in Admin > Databases > (your-db)

Tem um print como exemplo da conexão.

Muito obrigado, deu certo.

Hey @flamber

we are currently unable to upgrade our MSSQL so we had tried to add encrypt=false in the connection string but the setting is not saving it and keeps returning the message reported on start. Oddly this starts yesterday without upgrades and it happens in versions 0.37 and 0.41 as well. There are another steps until we are able to upgrade?

@Fabio If nothing has been changed or upgraded, then there shouldn't be a difference, so my guess is that perhaps a patch on MSSQL did something?
Or perhaps you upgraded Java, which changed something?
If you follow the Microsoft support article, then you'll see that there are patches available for older versions of MSSQL, so you don't need to upgrade MSSQL.

Good afternoon @flamber, thanks for the help.

I added the code encrypt=false in this field below:

But it returns the same error(The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "The server selected protocol version TLS10 is not accepted by client preferences [TLS13, TLS12]". ClientConnectionId:abd2a9b2-023f-452d-8b0c-95aefe52c0b2)

Is the field correct? Can you tell me if you have another solution.
Thanks.

@Brunomascaro07 Install the patch as I linked, so you upgrade your outdated MSSQL server.

Would there be any version of java or metabase that I could connect without updating the SQL server?

@Brunomascaro07 I cannot say. Maybe if you tried some really old versions from several years ago.

TLS10 can be disabled by default form Java Secuity configuration, if you are using Dockerized metabase you can re-enable TLS10 by:

docker exec -it metabase /bin/bash

than

cd /opt/java/openjdk/conf/security/
cp java.security java.security.bak #backup
vi java.security #edit and re-enable it removing form the configuration jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms=

than you can restart Dockerized Metabase:

docker restart metabase